Friday, June 27, 2014

Orientation is done and over with. I am now with Shaun, Sheree, Finn, and baby Skylar happily adjusting to a new temporary life in their home. My journey from Auckland to the house in Matamata was long and tiresome but I'm very delighted to share with you some of my visual experiences i was able to capture along this journey. Just a heads up, this post contains tons of pictures all about my travels through Auckland to Matamata.
While walking around town i saw...
A beautiful kiwi sculpture

Crazy architecture

Examples of pride for all people

A love of Shakespear displayed in the library

Tons of crazy trees that grew somewhat awkwardly, 
(all of which were found in Albert park) 
(I actually climbed this one and read my book in it for a little over an hour)

The Sky Tower from Albert park 

The heart of Albert park 
( and no they do not throw coins in the fountains for good luck in NZ)


I then toured all of the churches in town 


Took yet another picture of the ever famous Sky Tower because sadly they were doing construction and i was not allowed to go up the Sky Tower

Took a trip down cemetery lane whilst paying my respects to the dead

And made it back to my hostel in time to take some pics from the roof

Selfie after dinner bahaha

Followed by some night time shots to show how much frickin traffic there was

This one was taken at 6am on my way to the bus station in hopes of catching the air bus to make it to my orientation. 
All in all Auckland is crazy busy and its great if your only staying the night. Hostels are crazy as well, gotta constantly watch your back and recheck your bags to make sure nothing is missing haha. 






































































No comments:

Post a Comment