Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ready for another mass upload?!? Well, ready or not here it comes!! BRACE YOURSELVES!! PS this ish gets deep..
 Hey guys, I just wanted to thank everyone whose supported my New Zealand journey. I have recently changed my flight date back to the fabulous USA to March 23 rather than October 6. Now many of you will think I'm crazy and honestly i wouldn't doubt it but I am so ready for this. I hate being away from all of my loved ones but at the same time it feels right (I feel like an asshat saying that) I'm happy for me for once. For once in my life my happiness is not dependent upon how happy i can make others around me and it's an amazing feeling when your entire life you've lived for others. I'm on my own on in NZ I'm content with that. I'll always come back home, i promise, but right now i need to travel.... My soul needs to see the world because i know this may be my only chance to create mass chaos in NZ. So now that some of my heart is poured into this post we can get to some pics!!! This post begins with Otorohanga which is a cute little town that Adrienne, Jack, and i passed through on our way to the Kiwi animal rescue house. Later in the day our travels led us to the Waitomo glowworm caves which are totally sick by the way!!!
Aaaanndd we're off on a marvelous adventure into the great unknown!!

Damn this is a big dam...

Spectacular view from the top.

There's Jack. He is Tania's son and he's awesome! Totally
one of my favorite adventure buddies

More dam shots teehee



the river beyond the dam. Breathtaking.

Giant Kiwi!!

Pukeko at the Kiwi house


NZ's hawk 


Morpork aka german owl




Adrienne, Jack, and I feeding the birds.


The entrance to the Raikuri glowworm cave. The original entrance
to the cave is a Maori chief burial site so for religious and safety reasons 
they created another entrance. This entrance is a 13m spiral staircase into the 
earths crust and boy is it wicked!



Stupid people kept gettin in my shots...

That's all limestone :)




This particular photo shows a wall of limestone reflecting 
over a mass river deep inside the cave.

This is another picture showing the opposite side
of the staircase entryway 


Original cave entrance..



Adrienne and Jack :)

Jack and I 

23m deep hole that leads to the surface.
The engineers that made the Raikuri cave accessible 
dropped all of the concrete and wood they needed
to make the walkway through this very hole.  

Exiting the Waitomo glowworm cave. Sadly no photos were
allowed inside the cave for the flash would scare away
all the little glowworms.

PS glowworms are pretty much just 
carnivorous cannibalistic maggots
with shiny poo :) 
And well that's the end of my cave trips. Had a blast the entire weekend soo many more pictures to upload. My weekend adventures are never ending and I absolutely adore NZ's scenery. Can't wait to hear from you all. I love each and every one of you and i can't thank you guys enough for supporting my travels.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Maddy! I love the pic of you and Jack! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Momma!! I love you too!!

    ReplyDelete