Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sorry for the mass delay.. Now its time for a mass upload!! And this doesn't cover half of it..

Hey guys,
At first the internet was non-existent and then I had no patience to attempt to upload all of my pics because there are hundreds on my camera, American phone, and New Zealand phone. All in all it would probably take me all day to upload all of this shit. So deal with the delay and I hope you like these pictures because they're my heart and soul in NZ. Thanks for caring.. I love you all more than you'll ever know. So this is my Mount Monganui trip with Nan. Every trip will have to be in its own post because there are wayyyy too many pictures for one post. Sorry again for slackin' on the blogging.
 
Finn, Skylar, and I walk down to the dairy farm at least twice a week and go play with the calves. Even though I'm working my ass off day in and day out its safe to say I adore my job. I love the kids, Shaun and Sheree are awesome, and Nan takes me all around NZ and is by far my best friend. I know that originally I didn't want to leave NV and go to NZ but now I'm not sure I'll want to leave as soon as I had planned. I'm considering staying until January. And to be honest I would love to be able to do that but opportunities are popping up like crazy and I'm still unsure of my plans in life. I just wanted to thank everyone for your support when it comes to me being happy. I know in my heart that every single person who looks at this blog wants me to be happy in life and I couldn't ask for a better support group, friends, and family. Now lets get to some pictures before I get too emotional..
 
The uber beautiful McLaren falls. Nan and I stopped here on our way to Mount Monganui





I climbed on the outside rail of a bring that was 40m above all that water for this photo. You're welcome .



Silver fern! NZ's symbol




 

 

These are millions of oyster shells that made up the base of the Mount (mount monganui).
A long long time ago the Mount was underwater and it was created by tons of oyster shells piling up between layers of sediment and thus the Mount was created. Its a beautiful place that is LITTERED with seashells.



Gotta love the pacific ocean

Can't flip this photo sadly. But its awesome regardless.





 



 



 

 


Caves in the rock face of the Mount. Sadly they weren't big enough for me to take a selfie in and I say that with pride because it probably would have turned out horrible.

Breath taking isn't it :)
 

I love rocks

This spot forms a blow hole where the water shoots up into the air during high tide. Def a dangerous beauty

Another angle of said blow hole above..

Mr.Krabs is real!

 

Water shot.

More rocks...

Logging ship that's coming back empty only to reload and export some more. Never ending cycle

The ground was covered in sea shells!! I walked over all of this barefoot, lets just say it was a bad decision because my feet were all bloody by the end of the day.

Went paua hunting but only found Cats eyes..

There's me contemplating jumping into the water.

 

 

Got my bag full of sea shells.

 

NZ's Nessy?? the world may never know.



 



 

 





 

Ooh and that's Leisure Island and its to the right of the Mount. I have climbed all over that island and claimed it as my own. Absolutely love it!! 

A pic of the Mount from the shore side.

NZ's twin towers. Seriously they call them the twin towers. As an American I'm not too sure on how to feel about that.

 

 

Gelato on the beach with Nan after walking all day. Well deserved treat



 


 

 

 

 

Port side at the base of the Mount. Weather in NZ changes crazy fast.



 
Front of the Mount via Port side.

 
 And well that was my Mount Monganui trip :)
Plenty more to be seen, but as for right now the boys have just woken up and I've got to start dinner. Thanks again to everyone who had faith in me when I didn't. Love you all, talk to you soon
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Kid! Glad to see you can get out and explore and have some fun once in a while. It reminds me a lot of the coast along Pacific Northwest, Oregon and Washington. Glad to hear you're getting some opportunities, but I'm a selfish bastard, so hurry up and come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Maddy do you look like me of what? Love to hear about your adventure and so glad and blessed that you have Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete